Monday, April 21, 2008

Bonnie used the potty!!

When Bonnie started to use the potty today, I felt like I had won a jackpot or something. LOL You see, I was under pressure. My mother in law kept pestering saying that Bonnie should learn how to use the potty because she is more than 2 years old already. Then she kept on saying that Bonnie's cousin, when he was 1 year plus he already started using the potty. Okay, so what? I mean, really, what is the point of comparing.
I tried potty training Bonnie since she was not even 2 yet but she didn't want and didn't understand why must she sit on the potty. She sometimes even thought it was a game. I gave it up for sometime. Then my mil took the potty and said she will train. But Bonnie didn't want either. Hah! So after 2-3 weeks we took the potty back from her place.
My method was to leave it be for a while until she feels that she is ready. Though I would also explain on why she must use the potty. If she doesn't want then I just let it be. Now that she can speak more and understand more, it is easier I guess for her to figure out what I was saying. Then today, when I saw that she was doing her "work" I quickly asked her whether she would want to use the potty and she said yes. Usually she couldn't go once she is on the potty. But today she went! LOL just like any parent I guess to feel that it amazing to see your child taking another big step into being an independent individual.

8 comments:

comey_lote said...

SYABAS! Bonnie reached another stage in lide..hihihih

Farah Deen said...

Thumbs up Bonnie dear! really something to be proud of Syari. Syabil still not using his potty, actually, I bought the child toilet seat to put on top of the toilet. somehow, dia taknak, dia rasa mcm dia nanti jatuh dalam lubang tu. tried all methods, but at the moment, not yet successful! he will tell whenever he needs to poo, but he refused to sit on the potty.

congratulations Bonnie. that's one load off your shoulders kan?!

een said...

congrats syari...i jugek x succeed2 lg bwk si kenit tu ke potty..bt display je potty tu...ade je alasan die bila tanggalkan diaper tu...ish2..kena usaha bergigih2 lagi ni..huhuhuhu..

Syari said...

Comey, yup yup. Happy betul masa dia guna semalam ekekeke.

Syari said...

Farah, kitorang beli potty ngan child toilet seat. Memula potty dia taknak tu yg beli toilet seat. Tp tu pun dia sekejap je nak.

When ever he is ready he will do it. I was rather anxious lah at first. Gi baca forum tanya kat parenting forums, diorg kata, biar je dulu. Pelan2 nanti takut diorg phobia lak kat toilet. ekekeke.

Syari said...

Een, takpe een, man man. Slowly2. Nanti dia sedia dia nak le. Tp jgn lupalah tanya gak dia nak guna potty ke tak once in a while. Not my tip baca dari buku. ekekeke.

comey_lote said...

nak tulih life le...typo!

talking abt phobia kan..ada anak buah ida, mak(SIL) dia nak potty train la konon2nya...langsung tak pakaikan pampers...seminggu tak pakai diapers, seminggu tak buat bisnes!sian budak tuh...last2 pakai time nak buat bisnes je...asal nak buat bisnes sarung diapers...ekekekeke

Farah Deen said...

tu la, I think dia phobia kat toilet la (Syabil). once my mom forced him to sit on the toilet seat, and he was screaming sebab dia rasa mcm nak jatuh dalam lubang toilet tu. since that day, he refused to sit on it again. tension jugak I, dah 3 years old dah...still on diapers! :(

Blogger news