Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More time for this, less time for that.

It is a sad fact of life that when you have more time to do something you will always have to compromise not having enough time for something else. I bet many of us would have said, "I wish I have more time to do ........"

Since the internet sucks big time at the moment, I have a little more time to read. I'm reading "To kill a mocking bird" for the 5th time. One great book. Now I wish I'd be able to play games. :( Sometimes in my heart of hearts I wish my husband is a little more of a geek. Then he'd enjoy to play video games so he wouldn't mind if I play too. :P But he isn't. He'd grow serious in an eerie way if he sees me playing. Not since after we have Bonnie but even before that. Total waste of time he'd say.Reading, regardless of what I'm reading, is fine according to him since I get some sort of knowledge.

I do feel jealous when some wives even with kids blog about buying the latest psp, xbox 360 or even pc games for themselves. Amazing. Not only because their husbands allow them to play, but also because they can juggle with house work , taking care and teaching the children, blog and in the end they can play games as well. I am not a super woman I think because I only can do a few things at a time. Oh well...

Told my husband that one of the things I'd like to do when I'm old and not many things to do, is to play the games I didn't have time or not allowed to play when I was young. LOL

4 comments:

comey_lote said...

I think he never experienced the excitement of playing games. A friend of mine confessed that she couldn't play games, (according to her)she plainly doesnt have the coordination (when she's looking at the screen, she can't think of the button to press, vice versa) but she really enjoys watching her husband playing though. I think playing games does benefit us. Other than stimulating our brains, it reduces stress (please tell your husband this)LOL

Farah Deen said...

you sure love your games, and that is something I haven't tried yet. I wouldn't say I will never try, but for now, not yet. maybe I belum dapat games yg best kot? so, like you said, bila dah tua tua nanti, pakai la specs tebal2, and mengadap la PC. muahhahahaha

Syari said...

Ida, he played games too when he was younger. It's not that he couldn't play. He said in the end he would feel bad because video games are engrossing and he ended up wasting too much time.

I once told him something like what you've suggested. He said, better go out and do some sports.Brain simulating and slimming. Hu hu hu, kena wa...

Syari said...

Farah, I really like the mystery/problem solving RPGs. Nancy Drew, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, etc.

I don't think I will ever be able to play, so will have to wait bila dah tua, anak dah besar, tadak kerja, baru leh main.

Blogger news