Thursday, February 05, 2009

Work.

"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." - Anne Frank.


It is so true that being lazy may appear to be a rather interesting idea, but at the end of the day, you'd feel guilty for not accomplishing much. Eventually, it is so much better to work on something useful and find yourself satisfied of what you have achieved. The feeling of extra security and independence.

Being a stay at home mom is really rather a stress free job. If it is considered a job. Not stressful at all not lazy job either but it allows more flexibility. Due to the stress free life, makes me feel sorry for my husband at times when he had to stay up late or wake up in the middle of the night just to finish a business proposal or a presentation that has short datelines. He has to pay for everything. Okay I pay for the non-essential things like the internet and the sat tv - but those are extras that I wanted. LOL

Yet at the same time I feel a slight jealousy ( not so much in a bad way) for his daily achievements on being independent. Not for the stress though. Women who stays at home from the beginning risk a lot. What if the husband strays? or worse, went to meet the ultimate Creator? Owing to the economic crisis these days I found articles about how people struggle financially. Sad. But sadder still when I read about how women as single parents had to cope with the lack of finance and having to feed themselves and several other little mouths. Okay, perhaps not everybody will face this even if they had to go on raising their children all on their own. Some people may be lucky enough to get insurance that's worth milions or are lucky enough to have caring family members who can pitch in help. But I still believe this sort of thing can happen to anyone. Just as rain falls on everyone and everything without prejudice, so does ill fate.

I am seriously considering to find the job that's for me. Was working in a bank before. Took up a job way different from what I studied for at the University. But the job paid well at least. Been years since I said my farewell to the job. After years of unemployment, now it's like back to square one. At the moment now, I'm considering and looking. Indecisiveness is a problem.

No comments:

Blogger news