Thursday, July 30, 2009

Evergreen...

Bored of watching the movie of a penguin dancing (Happy Feet) for the humpteenth time on HBO - They seem to replay the movie ever so often, I even lost count on how many times I've seen Rattatoiulle (hope I spelt that right). If you've seen 'Happy Feet, did you notice that 'Mumble' looks like as if he is wearing a tuxedo with a small bow at his throat? Funny.

Many movies or music nowadays tend to get a little stale after watching or listening over and over. But this singer, Teresa Teng and this song here... now this is evergreen.



A Taiwanese singer who had such a beautiful voice. She could sing songs from many languages - Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Japanese, and even Indonesian or Malay. My father liked her music so I grew up listening to her.

Most of the time I enjoy oldies more than current music, so much so, I felt like I must have been born in the wrong era. :) Don't you just miss the goo ol' days sometimes?

4 comments:

comey_lote said...

astro kita masa mahal dulu2 best la jugak..cerita lain2..sekarang dah murah, org kata asik tayang yang samaaa aje..haiii...
ida dulu2 kecik2 dah dgr MJ,NKOTB, sebab masa tu abang/kakak dah besar, dah kat U, hihihi..kalau local pulak asik dgr ella n the boyz dan fauziah latip....

si Dyah said...

Syari,

my God i thought i am the only old soul here! I love oldies and my dear father had quite a number of teresa teng's album too! She had such beautiful n clear voice ya...

Btw, How are you dear?

Syari said...

ida, astro tu banyak iklan. Ada le patut? Ye lah murah pun tapi kita bayar gak kan? huu huu

Syari said...

Dyah, I'm fine. thanks. :D Listened to a plenty of oldies from Indonesia too. My father looked like Bob Tutopoli when he was young. As a little girl I remember seeing Bob tutopoli's picture on a cassette cover and really thought it was my dad. LOL But my dad said it was his bro... I believed it though.. Mia ha ha ha.

Blogger news