Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's here.



My laptop is here and I'm loving it. (Who wouldn't love a new pretty pink laptop huh?) It's called Flamingo pink by the way.




I've been using Windows XP for years, so it feels rather strange for me to use Windows 7. Need time to know my way around the operating system. One thing I'm thankful for is that the laptop is an English version. :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Due to the drastic weather change, it started to get colder and colder, I caught a cold again. My throat hurts a little, my nose all stuffy and the old cough that started to go away, came back. Good thing though that Mr. H, my husband was working from home today, so he could pick Bonnie up from kindergarten. She gave me a hard time in the morning when I sent her there.

When they got back home, I saw that she managed to get her father to stop by the shop to get her lollipops and snacks. It became a habit for her to get something from the nearby shop when she comes back from kindergarten. Reminds me of an article I read about how children are targetted consumers and why the point of purchase displays in supermarkets or stores are arranged in such a way that candies or kid stuffs are set at the lower shelves so that they can be easily seen by the kids.I remember the days when I sat in front of the tv, watching all those toy ads and I kept on asking my mom to get them for me. Nowadays, Bonnie is doing that to me. :p



Here's a pic of me and Bonnie posing in front of the laptop's webcam. Quality of the photo snapped is crappy. But you can't expect much from a 1.3 megapixel webcam right?

4 comments:

Dyah said...

Woohoo...it's pretty allright :D
Enjoy exploring your new toy!

I had similar problem when i switched to Mac...as if i had never used a computer before...hehe...

Agree...the camera is of not so good quality, but the people in the photo are still pretty :)

Get well soon Syari!

Syari said...

Thanks Dyah. :) Mac would have been even more stranger I suppose. Windows 7 is somewhat the same with other earlier versions of windows. It only has some new features and layouts.

comey_lote said...

laptop & picture = cuteness
bonnie asking for things otw back from kindy = karma! LOL

just kidding!
get well soon. get urself any celestial herbal tea...very soothing

Syari said...

Mekasih Ida. :) Karma ya? memang punlah agaknya. hehehe Budak2 memang gitu pun.

Getting better now. Walaupun ada lagi selsema. Tapi tak teruk sangat.

Blogger news