Sunday, May 09, 2010

Oh my aching muscles...

It's 1.30 am and I'm up. My muscles are moaning and groaning. Well, at least they must be doing just that by the way I'm feeling right now. We went to visit Mr. H's 95 year old grandma to do some volunteer work - cleaning up her garden. Since she's too old, the garden was rather neglected. I had to pull out the weeds while Mr. H cut the grass. Bonnie going around checking out the snails and the worms.

It was about 3-4 hours non-stop work for 2 people, so you can imagine the size of the garden. While working I felt quite energetic. Maybe because of the cool weather and fresh air, or perhaps because when ever I looked at the progress I've made along the way (seeing how the garden is clearing up), it kept me going and going. Like an Energizer Bunny. Even Mr. H was surprised at how long I can labour on in the garden - Pulling weeds, and sawing off unwanted branches.

But at night, I'm suffering from muscle ache. :( Hopefully it'll be okay tomorrow.I don't mind it a bit though. We may go there again next week to clean a bit more. There's nothing wrong in making an old lady happy sometimes.

No comments:

Blogger news