Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jane Austen week.

Over the past few days, I've managed to watch 2 versions of Pride and Prejudice - 1995 and 2005. I just can't get enough of Miss Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. :)  I'm sure many of Austen's fans feel the same too, if not there wouldn't be so many sequels of the book written by other authors. Hoping to quench our thirst for more of Mr. Darcy and Miss Bennet.

I've read the book a few times before and never got bored of it. The language is so rich, and the characters are just colourful. Now, after 2 doses of Mr.Darcy's charm, I've decided to re-read the novel again. I had a feeling  like I had the book somewhere. Turns out, I only have the ebook version. I've all of Jane Austen's books  in paperback version except for Sense & sensability and Pride & prejudice.

I'm hoping to get an ipod so that I can have an alternative way of bringing my library of favourite books along with me anywhere I go - Jane Austen's books would definitely be in the list. :) Other than being a media player, it also allows one to download all sorts of ipod/iphone applications. One of them being the 'ibook' reader. With it you can purchase ibook books and read it through your ipod or iphone. Saw a preview of the application not too long ago. My 11 year old pupil has an iphone, and he has the application on it.

For now, I'm going to order those two books, and read the other books that I have by Austen while I wait for them to arrive at my doorsteps. :) Will be reading all her books back to back.

2 comments:

mitchie said...

Have fun!
Pride and Prejudice has been my constant companion. Used to have the book in my handbag. Now, I have all her books in my phone (eating up the battery each time I read tho). I will get all those books again once I get my Kindle (I can't wait).

Sultana said...

Hooray!! Another Austen fan!!

I've the books in my phone and a copy of them on the Nintendo DS 100 classic books.Still need paperback copies. :)

Isn't Mr. Darcy a dream?? *sigh....*

Blogger news