Saturday, April 02, 2011

Small dental surgery



Sample picture.

I went to see the dentist on Thursday and got an X-ray done. As suspected my wisdom tooth is growing horizontally. It is what they call 'Horizontal impactation'. Something like that. In this sort of case, you have to extract it as only part of the tooth is out and when you eat, food may get trapped under the gums, decaying the tooth. Sometimes even decaying the tooth next to it.

I have to wait for another week. Eat antibiotics and pain killers in the time being. The surgery will be on Saturday the 9th of April. Supposed to go to Vienna that day with my father in law and his wife. They are going there for an art exhibition, but the wife wants to go for walks and sightseeing. Well, not my luck again. This is more important. 

2 comments:

ayu said...

Same case with mine. Don't worry though, I've done it twice and they didn't hurt :) Should be okay in a few days.

Sultana said...

Thanks for the comforting words. :D I was a little afraid cause I went and watch a video on youtube about extraction of the wisdom tooth. :( Served me right for being too curious. hehehe

Blogger news