Monday, July 11, 2011

Barely bearable heat.

It has been a few days now that we have quite a heat wave. I'm on holiday from work so staying at home is not too bad. I pity those who have to work outdoors in this sort of heat. Lucky for Bonnie that she has swimming everyday at the kindergarten.

So what do one do in this sort of heat and staying at home alone most of the time? I have to admit that I played online games. Trying out from online rpg to mafia wars on facebook to Online bingo like bingospel. Bingo has always been a game that I like to play even when I was in school. No bingo balls nor bingo cage. Just paper and calculator. I don't really remember how the calculator played a role in the game then, I suppose it was like the bingo cage and bingo balls rolled into one. That's how a number is called out.

Other than that, I read books. In the pass one week I managed to finish about 3 books. Currently concentrating on Mr. Darcy's Diary - one of the many sequels written by Austen's fans. There is another fanfic waiting in line to be read - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I'm a bit sceptical about this particular one being good at all as I love the book so much that I don't think I'd like people messing with the story. But who knows. I'll give it a try.

Going in to work tomorrow, hopefully it would be a cooler day tomorrow.

No comments:

Blogger news