Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blogging.

Another year of blogging on Sultana's blog. I started blogging in 2004 but became an active blogger since July 2005 when I was staying at home waiting for my daughter to be born. I didn't intend that people would come back to read my blog everytime I update it. It was more for my own pleasure and I didn't care whether people would read it or not. I still don't.Though I would feel happy to learn that there are people who visit here. I had a lot of fun designing my own template back in the days when most things were done manually here on blogger.com.

I have been thinking about creating a domain for this blog and moving it to wordpress for quite a few times already now. Sultanasblog.com maybe? But sultana.blogspot.com means a lot to me since I've blogged on it for 6 years now. Not only that, then there is the question of webhosting that I have to choose. Though there are sites like webbhotell where I can choose the best  paid webhosting that is suitable for a blog. The last time I checked, paid webhosting has become considerably cheap. Hmm... I am split between wanting to keep things the same and wanting a change.

Well, with paid webhosting or not, with own domain or not, I still love my blog and I hope to be able to blog for many years more. 

2 comments:

Ayu said...

Same here, Syari. Been thinking about that lately myself. The obvious reason is that because blogsome will probably die anytime soon. They haven't done anything in years. I can't even upgrade to newer version of wordpress. Sucks. Blogger.com is soo much better. I regret closing my account there a long time ago, because at that time blogsome was considerably better. Should've thought better. I mean Blogger is owned by Google so they have enough money to keep it updated. But yeah, having our own domain would solve the problems.

Sultana said...

You have a new blogger.com blog right? Well, let's just hope that blogger will be in business for a long,long time. :D

Blogger news