Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wishing for a car.

Not too long ago I managed to renew my Malaysian driving licence. Thank goodness they have online service to do just that. No queing and no need to be there to do it myself. I renewed it for another 5 years. So I don't have to worry about it again for some time.Now that I have to go on the bus nearly everyday again, I am contemplating on getting a driving licence here. I can get an international driving licence but I cannot convert my licence. After a year I still have to go through the same procedure as a new driver for a Hungarian licence. It is compulsory for a non-EU citizen. People told me to just go on ahead an get the International licence, however, even if I can get an International driving licence I still am not too sure whether I can still drive and even more so left hand side driving. People say that once you can ride a bicycle you will always remember how to ride a bicycle. Does it apply to driving as well? :D

Walking is good for us I know, but seriously, I'd rather be driving up the hill home than walking up no matter how healthy it can be. After walking a lot in a day, just like a car towing service or an rv towing service, I really could do with a human towing service to tow me back home at the end of the day. If I work long enough and everything goes well, then we will see how I can go about finding an English driving school here.

3 comments:

Ayu said...

Just remembered two years ago when Zsolt renewed his licence in Eger, he asked if his Singaporean licence would ok to use in Hungary. The officer said it depends on the police officer who'd deal with him lol. Whatever that would mean...
But why would you get local licence if you could still use your Malaysian, Syari? Sounds like too much hassle for me, with the courses and halapenz and all ;)

Sultana said...

It is too much hassle I know. But if one is desperate enough.... well... :) In M'sia my husband only had to convert his licence. Didn't even have to sit for an exam. I know, I think they just want to make money out of us foreigners. If you are from EU then you won't have to go through the hassle, just us unlucky non-EU citizens. I would have to pay 200K ft for a licence here if I want everything in English. For locals I think it is 100Kft cheaper.

Ayu said...

I didn't know that. Then you couldn't drive for all these years? I remember a friend of mine simply used her international licence there, though I'm not sure if she paid anything else (she's Indonesian).

Blogger news