Saturday, June 08, 2013

Flood

In all my years in Hungary, I've never seen such heavy downpour such as the ones we have had these past few days. So much so, the Danube river had risen close to its peak in just a week or so. The government had even declared emergency in some parts of the country.

This is one of the many instances when I appreciate living up the hill and not having to go far to work (5 minutes walking distance from home) that I don't have to worry much about being trap in a flash flood. And it feels good to know that my daughter is just 15 minutes walking distance from workplace.

Well, flood is not good news, but the good news is that at least we have cool weather despite that we are close to summer. It was usually very hot by this time the past years. :)

No comments:

Blogger news