Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Early riser

With the exception of Saturdays and Sundays, I am usually up at the crack of dawn or much earlier. 5:00 am or 6:00 am being the latest. 10 years ago, I would be surprised to know that I would be addicted to waking up early. Who would have 'thunk'. Perhaps it comes with the 'getting older' thing.

Usually, I would get out of bed, make coffee and get back to bed, turn on my bedside gooseneck light , to sit and read or listen to an audio book while I sip down the coffee. I feel so much relaxed when I prepare in the mornings to work after this ritual everyday. It is way better than waking an hour or half an hour before leaving the house. Especially if you have kids to prepare for school.

I try to make this a daily habit as much as I can. The older you get, the less you need, I suppose it is not that hard to do after a while. Especially when you have decided on a way to live your life.

I am happy I chose to be a morning riser. In fact, it's 8 in the morning right now. I'm in the office since 15 minutes ago, and I decided to update my blog to get it started. :) I love my mornings!

No comments:

Blogger news